Redundant dual power supplies are linked to provide redundant power output via a 6' power supply cable. For 19" racks, 2U high. Test ports via front Powerpole outputs and rear 1/4" binding posts. DC output voltage 14.1V at 25A continuous, 30A surge.
The RSPS-30 is a 19" rack mounted power supply system featuring a redundant 12V DC output. The APS (automatic power selector) is located in the center of the rack mount and constantly monitors the DC output voltage. When the APS senses a primary power supply drop out, it will automatically switch over to the secondary power supply. A 6 foot power cable is included for simple connection to your equipment.
The primary power supply’s output voltage is set at the factory to 14.1 VDC. The secondary or back up supply’s output is fixed at 13.85 VDC. When the APS senses a voltage drop on the main supply, it will automatically switch over to the secondary power supply for continuous operation. Once the primary power supply voltage resumes back to its normal output, the APS will automatically switch back to the primary power supply. PLEASE NOTE: for proper operation a minimum of 0.5 V separation is required between the primary and secondary power supply voltage outputs.
The Rack Mount Dual Switching Power Supply Model RSPS-30 is designed to supply 25 Amps continuous and 30 Amps surge (up to 5 minutes) at 13.85 VDC. Loads can be connected to either the rear binding posts or the front Powerpole connectors. Any output may provide up to 30 Amps individually, and the total output is limited to 30 Amps.
- Front Connections: 2 sets of Powerpole connectors
- Rear Connections: 1/4 inch binding posts that also accept banana plugs, ring terminals or compression connections
- Illuminated Power Switch
- Input Range: 100-120 VAC or 200-240 VAC, 50/60Hz (Switchable)
- Output Voltage: 14.1 VDC fixed
- Output Amperage: 25 continuous, 30 surge
- Internal Protection: Thermal, over current
- Internal Input Fuse: 6.3 Amps at 115 VAC
- Ripple Peak-to-Peak Max. <100mVpp
- Noise Peak-to-Peak Max. <100mVpp
- Operating temperature rating: 0 – 50 °C
- Storage temperature: -20 – 85 °C
Physical dimensions and materials:
- Weight: 6.4 lbs. (102 oz.)
- Overall Dimensions: 6.1 x 19 x 3.5 in (154mm long, 483mm wide, 89mm tall)
- Fan: Quiet internal cooling fan
- Machined metal case front bezel
- Meets FCC CFR Title 47 Part 15 Subpart B: Class B, CISPR: 2005 ANSI C63.4: 2003
- Meets CE/LVD (Low-Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC) standard
- Meets EMC: EN 55022:206+A1: 2007, 2010, EN 61000-3-2:2006
The Powerpole connectors mounted on the front panel conform to the RACES/ARES standard orientation.
Input Voltage Selection
The power supply is set up for 230V AC input as shipped from the factory. For 115V AC applications, set the recessed 115/230 input select switch located on the rear of the power supply into the proper position. Positions are identified on the switch. Use a small screwdriver to slide the switch into position. No adjustment is necessary for either 50 or 60 Hz input.
- Land mobile radio base stations
- Communications systems
- Security systems
- Automotive & marine systems
- OEM applications
- Test equipment
- Electronic displays
- 12 Volt lighting systems
- GPS receivers
- DC computers
- Rack Mounted Power Supplies
- (2) AC Power Cords, 4 ft.
The RSPS-30 power supply is cooled by convection and forced air cooling (normal airflow around the power supply in combination with a temperature controlled fan to improve cooling at higher levels of use). The fan is activated by a sensor when the temperature rises above 70°C.
The RSPS-30 has a three-year limited warranty. We will repair or replace (at our discretion) your RSPS-30 if you encounter any problems within three years from the date of purchase. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for repairing units with user-inflicted damage. It is your responsibility to ship the defective unit back to our U.S. based service location while under warranty. We will pay for the return shipping back to you. We reserve the right to upgrade your equipment to an equivalent or better model.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.